Zhineng Qigong was developed by Dr. Pang Ming in the late 70s.
As a doctor trained in Eastern and Western medicine as well as a Qi Gong und Tai Chi Grandmaster he was inspired to create a Qi Gong form which people could learn without much efforts and yet very effective. His intention was to support particularly people who aim to develop and uplift their own health and well-being.
Dr. Pang Ming himself started to practice Tai Chi and Qigong at the age of 6. He was trained by 19 Grandmasters. He devoted several years in solitude in order to complete his own deep understanding of Qigong and be able to create the diverse principles, methods and profound and intelligent theories of Zhineng Qigong.
He was one of the first to combine the old Chinese tradition with the modern science of medicine. In fact since the late 70s he is a pioneer in creating the new Qigong science. He was the founder and president of different scientific institutions, which focused on the research of impact and effects of Qigong.
In 1979 he founded the Beijing Qigong Association and initiated the first national convention on Qigong.
He was the first Qigong Master who broke with the tradition and started to share the power of Qigong with a broader mass of people. Therefore Zhineng Qigong is also referred to as an “open Qigong form”. At the beginning of the 20th century, Zhineng Qigong was officially recognized as the most effective Qigong form and over 10 million people at that time where practicing it. Dr. Pang has done a lot of pioneering work in many areas. A particular achievement was to describe the systematic Qigong theory in a well-founded manner and to undermine it with scientific research and studies.
Overview of some of his diverse accomplishments:
- Degree in Western Medicine at the „Beijing Medical College“
- Degree in Chinese Medicine at the „Beijing Chinese Medical Association“
- Doctors practice focusing on Western and Chinese Medicine
- Study of Qigong, Tai Chi, Martial Arts, Daoism, Buddhism and Confucius
- Committee Member of the China „Qigong Science Research“ Centre
- Chairman and Co-editor of the “East Qigong Magazine”
- Chairman of the chamber for consulting the “Beijing Research Society”
- Deputy Director of the Eastern Sports faculty of the Haidan Day University lecturing on Zhineng Qigong
- Founder and Director of the “Hua Xia Zhineng Qigong Training Centre” with the focus on
- Qigong Training
- Self-Healthcare Management, Holistic health and well-being
- Zhineng Qigong is an effective system of methods and tools to achieve holistic health. In a natural way, vital functions of the body are restored, strengthened and improved.
- Many of the 4 million Chinese Zhineng Qigong practitioners were very sick before entering the Huaxia Zhineng Qigong Training Centre – also known as the first drug-free hospital in the world – but recovered during their stay. Between 1988-1994, over 130 000 Zhineng Qigong practitioners were enrolled as learners and were affected by up to 180 various, stubborn types of illness. During this period, the average cure rate was 85%.
- The traditional Chinese Medicine and Qigong Science believe that diseases are caused by Qi and blood deficiency and Qi and blood circulation disorders which results in an imbalance of various vital functions to occur. The Qigong practice and Hun Yuan Qi therapy increases Qi and blood in sufficient quantities and supports the uniform and smooth circulation of Qi and blood flow throughout the body.
- Research in the Huaxia Zhineng Qigong Training Centre has also shown that the use of Qi can improve the yield of various crops in agriculture as well as improve poultry production with virtually no additional costs. More than 3000 research papers have been published on this work in China.
- In 1997 the China State Sports General Administration published a book on 21 different styles of Qigong, which rated Zhineng Qigong as the most effective. One year later the same organization evaluated eleven Qigong styles and again rated Zhineng Qigong the most effective Qigong for improving health. Its efficacy drew an estimated 10 million people to practice it.
In the mid 80s Dr. Pang Ming pioneered the so-called “Qi field technique ” and started to teach it. The “Qi field theory” is based on the understanding of a vast field of universal energy and information where we can learn to “tune in to” and direct this energy and information into our body, mind and soul.
So even if you practice on your own you can learn to use this huge field for connecting to the infinite power and energy of life and thus enhance the quality of your own life and your health status.
Dr. Pang has written many books about Zhineng Qigong. He not only created Zhineng Qigong which is easy to learn and highly effective, but has also written the “The Theory of Hunyuan Whole Entity”, where he presents the ground-breaking and innovative ideas and thoughts about the new Qigong science and the relationships of the three substances matter, information and energy.
Currently the Hua Xia Zhineng Qigong Centre is closed and Grandmaster Pang is continuing his Zhineng Qigong research, practice and writing from his home in Beijing.
Dr. Pang Ming’s perspective towards life:
- Living in health with a long life
- Being harmonious with self-control
- Free with true-self awareness
- Enjoying perfect beauty and equality
Our youngest participant was very excited about her first experiences with Zhineng Qigong, which is also called Wisdom Qigong.read more
It has become feasible because of your good connections, your commitment and a clear intention. It was a unique experience for me. The program was just perfect. We gained great insights into the cultu…read more
I learned a lot about Qigong practice, principles and the importance of the mind. I also received great help from the teachers with the circulation problems in my legs. Master Jianshe and his team wer…read more